[Python-Dev] PEP 471 (scandir): Poll to choose the implementation (full C or C+Python)

Steve Dower Steve.Dower at microsoft.com
Fri Feb 13 15:36:28 CET 2015

I think posixmodule is a great candidate for splitting up by platform rather than function, as the whole file is packed with ifdef. It's really only lacking a volunteer to do it, but we could start here (ie. make posixmodule_nt.c for the Windows impl, etc.) and progressively move function implementations out over time? All the module setup and probably most of the Python layer can stay where it is.

More likely we're going to get bogged down discussing it again though, so if that happens my vote is to just make posixmodule.c 800 lines longer.

Cheers,
Steve

Top-posted from my Windows Phone