[Python-Dev] PEP 370 - per-user scripts directory on Windows

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 13 10:47:15 CET 2015

----- Original Message -----

From: Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com>

> I'd also appreciate your views on the spin-off thread and PEP 486
> ("Make the Python Launcher aware of virtual environments").

I just thought of something ... as far as I know, we've enabled searching for a command on the path - since when a venv is active in the sense of VIRTUAL_ENV being defined, PATH is also set up so that the venv's Scripts folder is on it - so we would just need to find "python.exe" on the PATH and invoke that - no need to even use the value of VIRTUAL_ENV, making implementation simpler. What do you think?

Regards,

Vinay