[Python-Dev] PEP 370 - per-user scripts directory on Windows

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 20:50:54 CET 2015

On 12 February 2015 at 16:42, Steve Dower <Steve.Dower at microsoft.com> wrote:
> None of my installer changes so far have had a PEP, and only a few people have complained about that :) (it does have more documentation than I've ever written for an installer before though)

:-) You shouldn't bet on my judgement of what needs a PEP, I usually
get it wrong...

> IIRC, there was a PEP for executing ZIP files directly (2.6-era?), which I believe are the purpose of those extensions. If "py.exe spam.pyz" already works, I don't see any need for a PEP to add the association in the installer.

Yes, "py spam.pyz" works fine. +1 on having the associations.
Actually, I've just remembered, it's already in PEP 441, which hasn't
been approved but which goes further and includes a stdlib tool to
create pyz files. I'm not sure if that changes things at all...

Paul