[Python-Dev] 3.5 release schedule PEP

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 11:04:15 CEST 2014

On 24 September 2014 06:13, Tim Golden <mail at timgolden.me.uk> wrote:
> My only real misgiving here is that, for a few years, we'll need *three*
> versions installed to build the active branches: 2008 for 2.7; 2010 for 3.4;
> and 2014 for 3.5. Am I wrong?

Also, will 2014 express edition be able to fully build extensions for
Python, 32 and 64 bit? Will it be able to build Python itself?

I ask because I'm currently discovering how much fun (basically none)
it is to set up the SDK compilers for building extensions, and it
would be fantastic if that pain point could be removed. (It's also
personally relevant to me now, as my python-dev provided MSDN
subscription has run out, so I'm back to only having access to free
tools :-))

Paul