[Python-Dev] 3.5 release schedule PEP

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 11:46:32 CEST 2014

On 23 September 2014 10:20, Larry Hastings <larry at hastings.org> wrote:

> On 09/19/2014 03:31 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:
>
> I think we need a Python 3.5 Release Schedule PEP.
>

> Just checked it in as PEP 478.  It should show up here in a few minutes:
>
> http://legacy.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0478/

Thanks. Some updates on specific things either already accepted, or
under consideration for inclusion:

Already implemented:

   PEP 465 (matrix multiplication operator):
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0465/
   Standard streams default to the "surrogateescape" error handler if
ASCII is reported as the IO encoding (improves tolerance of the POSIX
C locale)

Already accepted:

    PEP 461 (binary printf-style formatting):
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0461/
    PEP 471 (os.scandir): http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0471/

Under consideration (in addition to the items already listed in the PEP):

    PEP 432 (simplifying the startup sequence)
    PEP 475 (retry system calls failing with EINTR)
    Improved Windows console Unicode support (see
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/win_unicode_console for details)
    Changing the encoding and error handling of an existing stream
(http://bugs.python.org/issue15216)

(432 was previously listed as deferred, but it went back on my todo
list once 3.4 was out the door)

Regards,
Nick.