[Python-Dev] PEP 476: Enabling certificate validation by default!

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Sep 3 21:37:24 CEST 2014

OK, that changes my position for 2.7 (but not for 3.5). I had assumed there
was a way to disable the cert check by changing one parameter to the
urlopen() call. (And I had wanted to add that there should be a clear FAQ
about the subject.) If this isn't possible that changes the situation. (But
I still think that once we do have that simple change option we should do
it, in a later 2.7 upgrade.)

I apologize for speaking before I had read all facts, and I'll await what
you and Nick come up with.

--Guido

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)