[Python-Dev] Where is our official policy of what platforms we do support?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu May 15 15:20:03 CEST 2014

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 11:05 PM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
> Main problem with rare platform support is not breaking it accidentally,
> since without buildbots we won't know when it's broken. This is why we don't
> make any promises.

Should we (or do we) offer to run (unofficial) buildbots for
maintainers of minority platforms where possible? For example, I have
no idea if a buildbot for MirOS is even feasible, but if the guy who
submitted the patch is amenable and it is possible to run a buildbot
slave for that OS, it still might be useful to have a "one stop" place
for this. If failing, such buildbots wouldn't block a release, but
would still provide tools for people to track down the source of
breakage.

Skip