[Python-Dev] What is the precise problem? [was: Reference cycles in Exception.__traceback__]

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 11:39:38 CET 2014

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 9:06 PM, Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at gmail.com> wrote:
> And MyObject is not destroyed which is an obvious memory leak, beause
> there is no more explicit reference to it.

And it doesn't seem to be getting put into gc.garbage, either, which
is probably worth mentioning. You have __del__ in there, so it's
entirely possible it would get dropped into the garbage rather than
actually disposed of, but I added a print(gc.garbage) after
gc.collect() and it showed empty.

ChrisA