[Python-Dev] Network Security Backport Status

Antoine Pitrou antoine at python.org
Tue Jul 1 22:54:28 CEST 2014

Le 01/07/2014 14:26, Alex Gaynor a écrit :

> I can do all the work of reviewing each commit, but I need some help from a
> mercurial expert to automate the cherry-picking/rebasing of every single
> commit.
>
> What do folks think? Does this approach make sense? Anyone willing to help with
> the mercurial scripting?

I don't think this makes much sense; Mercurial won't be smarter than you
are. I think you'd have a better chance of succeeding by backporting one
feature at a time. IMO, you'd first want to backport the _SSLContext
base class and SSLContext.wrap_socket(). The latter *will* require some
manual coding to adapt to 2.7's different SSLSocket implementation, not
just applying patch hunks around.

Regards

Antoine.