[Python-Dev] .clinic.c vs .c.clinic

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 07:36:45 CET 2014

On 19 January 2014 10:44, Steve Dower <Steve.Dower at microsoft.com> wrote:
> Visual Studio will try to compile them if they end with .c, though this can
> be disabled on a per-file basis in the project file. Files ending in .h
> won't be compiled, though changes should be detected and cause the .c files
> that include them to be recompiled.

That sounds like a rather good argument for .clinic.h over .clinic.c :)

My assessment of the thread is that .clinic.h will give us the best
overall tool compatibility.

I use Eli Bendersky's pss for my command line source searching needs,
and should be able to update that to skip clinic files without much
difficulty (rather than having to exclude them manually from every
search).

Cheers,
Nick.