[Python-Dev] PEP 461 updates

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Jan 16 22:18:04 CET 2014

On 1/16/2014 5:11 AM, Nick Coghlan wrote:

> Guido's successful counter was to point out that the parsing of the
> format string itself assumes ASCII compatible data,

Did you see my explanation, which I wrote in response to one of your
earlier posts, of why I think "the parsing of the format string itself
assumes ASCII compatible data" that statement is confused and wrong? The
above seems to say that what I wrote is impossible, but perhaps I
misunderstand what Guido and you mean. Among my questions are "by data,
do you mean interpolated objects or interpolated bytes?" and "what
restriction on 'data' do you intend by 'ASCII compatible'?".

--
Terry Jan Reedy