[Python-Dev] Python3 "complexity"

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Thu Jan 9 10:06:42 CET 2014

Do I speak Chinese to my grocer because china is a growing force in the world?  Or start every discussion with my children with a negotiation on what language to use?
I get all the talk about Unicode, and interoperability and foreign languages and the world (I'm Icelandic, after all.)
The point I'm trying to make, and which I think you are missing is this:
A tool that I have been happily using on my own system, to my own ends (I'm not writing international spam posts or hosting a United Nations election, but parsing and writing config.ini files, say)
just became harder to use for that purpose.
I think I'm not the only one to realize this, otherwise, PEP460 wouldn't be there.

Anyway, I'll duck out now
*ducks*