[Python-Dev] Python 2.7 root buildbot showing errors

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 08:09:45 CET 2014

The first build my new root buildbot did showed errors in the 2.7 test
suite, but I thought little of it as quite a few other 2.7 buildbots
are showing red, too. But it seems they're showing different errors,
so there might be something wrong with the setup.

http://buildbot.python.org/all/builders/AMD64%20Debian%20root%202.7/builds/3/steps/test/logs/stdio

First off, it's complaining about being unable to build _curses
(lacking curses.h). Is that a mandatory prereq that I should install,
or should Python be compatible with not having it?

Then further down, several SSL tests attempt:

s.connect_ex(("svn.python.org", 444)))

and get back EAGAIN when they're expecting ECONNREFUSED. Possibly my
firewall's delaying things somewhat and it's timing out with a signal;
when I try manually, the connection times out.

Are these failures a problem? Should they be fixed? The 3.x builds are
all coming up green.

ChrisA