[Python-Dev] [RELEASED] Python 3.4.0b2

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 04:09:53 CET 2014

[Bob Hanson]
> Forgive me, but I'm an old man with very poor vision. Using my
> magnifying glass, I see it is two very long URLs ending with
> something like after the blah-blah: < ... akametechnology.com>
>
> More precisely, these two IP addresses:
>     23.59.190.113:80
>     23.59.190.106:80

So:

C:\Code>ping -a  23.59.190.113

Pinging a23-59-190-113.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com
[23.59.190.113] with 32 bytes of data:
C:\Code>ping -a  23.59.190.106

Pinging a23-59-190-106.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com
[23.59.190.106] with 32 bytes of data:

So it's just Akamai caching content.  Common as mud.  Can't say
specifically what was being cached, but it _could_ be that your ISP
contracts with Akamai.

>> My firewall didn't complain when I installed 3.4.0b2 on Windows.

> I don't use the Windows firewall, and I have mine sent to block
> all apps connecting in or out unless I make specific rules for
> them. I have never authorized C:/Windows/System32/msiexec.exe to
> connect in or out (and it didn't ;-) ).

Same here on both counts.  We're getting nowhere with admirable speed ;-)