[Python-Dev] Python 2.7.7. on Windows

Glenn Linderman v+python at g.nevcal.com
Tue Apr 29 06:15:57 CEST 2014

On 4/28/2014 8:52 PM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> I think that's unfair. I'm not a MS fan, not even close. I think their
> business practices in the past have been reprehensible. But if there is
> anyone who takes backwards-compatibility even more seriously than
> Python-Dev, it is them.
I guess there is no one who takes backwards-compatibility even more
seriously than Python-Dev.

I have perfectly good DOS and Windows programs that no longer run on
supported Windows versions. XP->Vista was a bigger break than Python
2->3, from my perspective.

And then if you get into the command line programs that have vanished or
take different options, breaking batch files, and similar facilities, it
gets even worse.