[Python-Dev] Python 2.7.7. on Windows

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Tue Apr 29 01:20:08 CEST 2014

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 1:56 PM, Mike Miller <python-dev at mgmiller.net>wrote:

> * watch Dave Beazley's PyCon 2014 talk for a good story involving one
>
>> of those manufacturer installed Pythons:
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ4Sn-Y7AP8
>>

> Thanks, I'm trying to get thru all the talk will watch that shortly. ;)

fun talk -- but start at about 18:00 minutes if you want the  relevant
bit...

By the way, some people (or at least ESRI, with ArcMap) Install and use
their own python in: C:\python27 -- if you dont want to interat with that,
you need to put it somewhere else!

I'd argue that any OEM or third party app that uses the standard location
or puts it on the PATH be default is in error, but what can you so?

Redhat used to have #!/usr/bin/env python on their admin scripts, which was
really painful if you wanted to upgrade anything. Don't know it they've
fixed that....

-Chris

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov