[Python-Dev] Add a "transformdict" to collections

Janzert janzert at janzert.com
Tue Sep 10 17:54:20 CEST 2013

On 9/10/2013 10:54 AM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
> (also, I would intuitively expect the latest key to be held, not the
> first one, since that's what happens for values.)
>
> Regards
>
> Antoine.

I intuitively expected, and I think most often would want, the first key
to be held. The reason being that I would except most often the initial
insertion to be the canonical form.

Whichever way is adopted, I think even if you say it's implementation
specific, people will end up relying on it in their code.

Janzert