[Python-Dev] cpython: Rename contextlib.ignored() to contextlib.ignore().

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Sun Oct 13 17:44:15 CEST 2013

On Mon, 14 Oct 2013 01:20:30 +1000

> Then, yes, I think challenging people to try to get me booted as
> module maintainer for contextlib is a *precisely* proportionate
> response.

Because I don't agree with you on one instance doesn't mean I usually
*distrust* your judgement. Reasonable organizations have ways to change
decisions that doesn't involve overthrowing people (think about appeal
courts, for example). This is much better than expecting some select
people to be infallible kings :-)

Personally, I generally trust you to 1) make enough research and/or
gather enough material 2) take informed decisions that do justice to the
community's ethos (after, sometimes, a certain amount of arguing :-)).
If my criticism came accross as criticizing your competence, then I'm
sorry: that was not my intent.

Regards

Antoine.