[Python-Dev] PEP-431 non-status

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 16:42:04 CEST 2013

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 3:05 PM, Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan at ochtman.nl> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Lennart Regebro <regebro at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If you wonder about the lack of progress reports on pep-431, this is
>> because of a lack of progress. I simply haven't had any time to work
>> on this. I considered make a kickstarter so I could take time off from
>> working, but to be honest, even with that, I still have no time to
>> realistically get this in before beta 1.
>
> Is there a list of stuff that needs to be done? I might be able to help out.

Yes.

1. Implement the PEP.

:-)

I looked at it during the PyCon sprint, and I had hoped to be able to
mostly move pytz into datetime, but unfortunately it wasn't that easy,
because of the way datetime normalization works. The pytz
normalization calls methods that would need to call the
normalization... :-)

//Lennart