[Python-Dev] PEP process entry point and ill fated initiatives

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 18:45:56 CET 2013

I wanted to help people who are trying to find out more
about PEP submission process by providing relevant
info (or a pointer) in README.rst that is located at the
root of PEPs repository. You can see it here.

https://bitbucket.org/rirror/peps

I filled this issue with b.p.o

http://bugs.python.org/issue19822

However, as you may see, I met some resistance,
which said me to discuss the matter here. So, I'd like
to discuss two things:

1. is my README.rst enhancement request is wrong?
2. what makes people close tickets without providing
    arguments, but using stuff like "should"?

It is not the first stuff that I personally find discouraging,
which may be attributed to my reputation, but what's the
point in doing this?

The only logical explanation I find for resistance in this
particular case is that people in core Python
development don't take usability and user experience
matters seriously. Most of core development is about
systems, not about people, so everybody is scratching
own itches. I wish that usability and UX was given at
least some coverage in Python development regulations.
--
anatoly t.