[Python-Dev] The pysandbox project is broken

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 07:40:56 CET 2013

On 13 Nov 2013 13:44, "Ned Batchelder" <ned at nedbatchelder.com> wrote:

> On 11/12/13 6:48 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:
>>
>> On 11/12/2013 4:16 PM, Victor Stinner wrote:
>>
>>> It would also be nice to help developers looking for a sandbox for
>>> their application. Please tell me if you know sandbox projects for
>>> Python so I can redirect users of pysandbox to a safer solution. I
>>> already know PyPy sandbox.
>>

>> There are several websites running submitted Python code (and in some
cases, many other languages).
>> ProjectEuler
>> CodeAcademy (I think they use someone else's code box)
>> CheckIO.org - python only
>> other coding challenge sites
>> I suspect they use sandboxed processes but have not seen anyone talk
about what they are doing.

> At edX, we use CodeJail to apply OS-level sandboxing to untrusted Python
code: https://github.com/edx/codejail

A couple of years ago at PyCon AU, Tim Dawborn went over the sandboxing
approach used for the National Computer Science School infrastructure:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y-WPPdhTKBU&feature=plpp&p=PLpKCScKXUAmerE_uUsImVlPsmhLaYQuQy

Cheers,
Nick.

https://mail.python.org/mailman/options/python-dev/ncoghlan%40gmail.com