[Python-Dev] Classes with ordered namespaces

PJ Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Jun 27 23:45:36 CEST 2013

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 4:48 AM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd be tempted to kill PEP 422 as not worth the hassle if we did this.

I assume you mean the "namespace" keyword part of PEP 422, since PEP
422's class initialization feature is entirely orthogonal to
definition order or namespace customization.  (Indeed, I cannot recall
a single instance of class initialization in my code that actually
*cared* about definition order.  Certainly I haven't had any
situations where a pre-existing definition order would've eliminated
the need for a class-level initialization.)