[Python-Dev] Reminder: an oft-forgotten rule about docstring formatting (PEP 257)

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Jun 27 18:40:14 CEST 2013

On 6/27/2013 11:57 AM, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Yes on one line, capitalized, period. No on single sentence.

Complete and correct docstrings are somewhat rare in idlelib.
About half are missing.
Single lines typically omit the period.
Multiple lines often omit the blank line after the first.

I will take your reminder as permission to make changes as I review the
code. I wish there were more good summary lines already.

My understanding is that SubclassTests and test_methods should not have
docstrings.

--
Terry Jan Reedy