[Python-Dev] backported Enum

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Jun 16 15:17:31 CEST 2013

Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> writes:

> Thank you for the offer, but I think I'll go with GPS's idea of
> calling it enum34.

That name will be confusing once Python 3.5 exists (even as a
development version). I'd argue that it is confusing even now, since
this is a backport for Python version *earlier* than Python 3.4.

The name ‘stdlib.enum’ avoids these problems, do you think that is
suitable?

--
 \       “If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting |
  `\   them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good |