[Python-Dev] New FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT buildbot

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 22:43:24 CEST 2013

On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Carlos Nepomuceno <
carlosnepomuceno at outlook.com> wrote:

> > Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 15:12:43 +1000
> > From: koobs.freebsd at gmail.com
> > To: python-dev at python.org
> > Subject: [Python-Dev] New FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT buildbot
> [...]
> > koobs-freebsd10-amd64 (clang is default here)
>

> Does CPython code compiled with clang runs faster than gcc?
>
> Why did you chose clang? Any benchmarks? Any benefits?

Clang is sometimes favored over gcc for its non-GPL license; I believe the
FreeBSD project sees this as an important issue.

In general, the more C compilers a piece of C code compiles on, the fewer
bugs are left in it, because different C compilers tend to catch different
problems - even with cranked up warnings.