[Python-Dev] Python Language Summit at PyCon: Agenda

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Wed Feb 27 20:21:59 CET 2013

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 2:01 PM, fwierzbicki at gmail.com <
fwierzbicki at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 8:51 AM, Michael Foord <michael at voidspace.org.uk>
> wrote:
> > If you have other items you'd like to discuss please let me know and I
> can add them to the agenda.
>
> I'd like to discuss merging Jython's standard Lib (the *.py files). We
> have in the past had agreement that this would be a good idea - I just
> want to bring it up since I think this is probably the year that I'm
> actually going to do it.

Do you mean more generally getting more pure Python implementations of
modules in the stdlib? If so then as a reference there is
http://bugs.python.org/issue16651 which lists the modules in the stdlib w/
only extension module implementations (although operator and random have
patches; the latter is waiting for Raymond to approve). And if I am right
about what you are suggesting, Frank, this should probably be expanded to a
more concerted effort with IronPython and PyPy. IOW it warrants a
discussion. =)