[Python-Dev] Python 2.7 buffer and memoryview documentation (issue# 17145)

Demian Brecht demianbrecht at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 18:33:51 CET 2013

http://bugs.python.org/issue17145

I'm curious as to whether or not anyone has reviewed the documentation
update I made here.

Context:

Having both memory views and buffers in 2.7 (as well as the C-level API
for each) is confusing. The initial bug report was to implement consistent
behavior for objects supporting the new C-level buffer API or to update
the docs. As new features are not being added to 2.7 (as pointed out by
Stefan Krah), I made an update to the docs that I think made the disparity
between the two (and when one should favour the usage of either) a little
clearer.

ŠBut maybe I'm off my rocker ;)

Also, are contributor agreements also required for documentation?

Thanks,

Demian Brecht
http://demianbrecht.github.com