[Python-Dev] BDFL delegation for PEP 426 (PyPI metadata 1.3)

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 3 23:34:37 CET 2013

Simon Cross <hodgestar+pythondev <at> gmail.com> writes:

> For the record, all the reasons listed at [1] appear trivial.

In Bento's author's own words - "Weak documentation", "Mediocre code quality",
"at a lower level, a lot of code leaves to be desired" may be trivial if David
is just being self-deprecating, but what if he isn't? Or perhaps that part of
the page is out of date, and needs updating? I can certainly agree with the
"Weak documentation" part of the assessment, but this makes it hard to assess
the package as a whole. Note that I'm not sniping - writing good documentation
is hard work.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip