[Python-Dev] please back out changeset f903cf864191 before alpha-2

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Tue Aug 27 10:10:51 CEST 2013

Simon Cross, 27.08.2013 09:58:
> On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 5:57 PM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
>> What do you mean, "all events have to be ready"?
>> If you look at the unit tests, the events are generated on-the-fly,
>> not at the end of the document.
>> (exactly the same as iterparse(), except that iterparse() is blocking)
>
> So you have to poll .events()? That also seems unhelpful from an event
> driven programming perspective.
>
> What I'm driving at is that I'd expect to have access to some sort of
> deferred that fires when the next event is ready to be processed and I
> don't see that here.

The idea is that you pass data into the parser and then ask read_events()
for an event iterator. If/When that's empty, you're done.

No repeated polling or anything, just all in one shot whenever data is
available.

It's a really nice interface by design, just badly integrated into the
existing API.

Stefan