[Python-Dev] Status of 3.2 in Hg repository?

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 22:38:08 CEST 2013

[Tim, wondering why the 3.2 branch isn't "inactive"]

[Georg Brandl]
> FWIW I have no real objections, I just don't see the gain.

I'm glad it's OK!  Especially because it's already been done ;-)

Two gains:

1. "hg branches" output now matches what the developer docs imply it
should be.  It didn't before.

2. If a security fix needs to made to 3.2, it will be much easier to
forward-merge it to the 3.3 and default branches now (the merges won't
suck in a pile of ancient, and unwanted, irrelevant-to-the-fix
changes).