[Python-Dev] Coverity scan

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Sat Sep 8 18:50:13 CEST 2012

Am 08.09.2012 11:35, schrieb Stefan Krah:
> That sounds good in principle. I'm only worried that for casual readers
> of either the commit messages or the tracker issues the importance of
> the Coverity tool might be overstated.
>
> After all, 99.99% of issues are either found by developers themselves or
> by gcc, Visual Studio, Valgrind, etc. It just occurred to me that for example
> we don't credit other tools in commit messages.

I'd like to avoid that two people create two bug tracker entries or work
on the same issue at the same time. The CID (coverity id) also makes it
easier to find the entry on the Coverity site. IMHO it's sufficient to
mention the CID in the tracker entry. As Brett has said it's also nice
to give credits, too.

By the way I've automated the build and upload process. Every six hours
the default branch is pulled from hg and a build is triggere when
changes are detected.

Christian