[Python-Dev] ConfigParser argparse integration module

Łukasz Langa lukasz at langa.pl
Sat Oct 13 10:06:55 CEST 2012

Wiadomość napisana przez S Joshua Swamidass <swamidass at gmail.com> w dniu 13 paź 2012, o godz. 05:24:

> Hello,
>
> It seemed like there were several requests to enable ini file parsing with argparse. I wrote module to do this.
> I'd be curious to know if this is useful and anyone has a better approach.

> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/ConfArgParse

That being said, a couple of remarks:

1. See configglue which does what your module tries to do.
2. A "Production/Stable" trove classifier without any unit tests does not look very convincing.
3. Your code is 2.x only.
4. ConfArgParse.args2config uses RawConfigParser whereas ConfArgParse._parse_config uses SafeConfigParser which will lead to inconsistent content handling.
5. Your code is not PEP8 compliant.
6. Long option names traditionally don't use underscores but dashes. E.g. not --conf_file but --conf-file.
7. There doesn't seem to be a homepage. The one you listed in setup.py is your homepage, not the project's homepage.
8. There doesn't seem to be a code repository for the project.

All in all: nice approach, promising project but definitely needs more work. Good luck :)

--
Best regards,
Łukasz Langa

IT Infrastructure Department