[Python-Dev] Daily DMG builds

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Mon Oct 1 22:20:13 CEST 2012

In article <20121001211812.4c40aa52 at pitrou.net>,
 Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It seems that the daily DMG builds have been failing for some time on
> the default branch:
> http://buildbot.python.org/daily-dmg/
>
> Since there has been no report or complaint about that, should we just
> stop producing those builds?

It's failing on a checksum error of the cached download ncurses tarball
which is kind of odd.  I've pinged David about it.

I must admit I don't pay attention to the dmg buildbot but I probably
should.  I know at least one person (Raymond) has reported using the dmg
builds regularly and the 2.7 builds are still going.  There is a bit of
an issue now for 3.3 and default: the buildbot-slave is apparently
running OS X 10.4 so it is no longer capable of building either of the
two installer variants that we release on python.org (one now requires
at least 10.5 and the other at least 10.6).  However, we don't want to
break anything on 10.4, if possible, and the installers still work on
later systems so there is some value in producing them - as long as
someone is paying attention when they break and, hopefully, someone uses
them.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org