[Python-Dev] Playing with a new theme for the docs, iteration 2

Glenn Linderman v+python at g.nevcal.com
Sun Mar 25 09:46:18 CEST 2012

On 3/24/2012 11:34 PM, Georg Brandl wrote:
> I've also added a little questionable gimmick to the sidebar (when you collapse
> it and expand it again, the content is shown at your current scroll location).

It would be educational to see how you pulled that trick! I will look if
I get time. However, in playing with it, it has the definite
disadvantage of forcing the user to position/click the mouse twice, if
the goal is not to collapse the sidebar, but simply to make the content
visible.

Might there be an additional way to move the content, perhaps by a click
in the blank portions of the sidebar (above the top or below the bottom
of the content, in the shaded area), that it would bring the content to
view?  The position chosen for the content could happily be the same
position you choose when doing the collapse/expand dance, I have no
quibble with that.