[Python-Dev] Playing with a new theme for the docs

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Wed Mar 21 00:17:40 CET 2012

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 23:38:53 +0100, Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> recently I've grown a bit tired of seeing our default Sphinx theme,
> especially as so many other projects use it.  I decided to play around
> with something "clean" this time, and this is the result:
>
>   http://www.python.org/~gbrandl/build/html/

The font looks better in my browser, but otherwise I prefer the current
style.  The biggest thing I don't like about the new style is the fact
that the content is not set off from the chrome by shading.  Having it
shaded makes it easier for my eye to ignore it and just focus on
the content.

Hey, maybe you could make the sidebar only appear if the browser
supports javascript?  Then I'd never have to see it, and that
I would consider "clean" :)

Thanks for working on improving things.

--David