[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] cpython: PEP 417: Adding unittest.mock

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Wed Mar 14 21:22:09 CET 2012

On 14 Mar 2012, at 13:08, Terry Reedy wrote:

> On 3/14/2012 3:25 PM, michael.foord wrote:
>> +# mock.py
>> +# Test tools for mocking and patching.
>
> Should there be a note here about restrictions on editing this file?
> I notice that there are things like
>
> > +class OldStyleClass:
> > +    pass
> > +ClassType = type(OldStyleClass)
>
> which are only present for running under Py2 and which would normally be removed for Py3.

Yeah, I removed as much of the Python 2 compatibility code and thought I'd got it all. Thanks for pointing it out.

I'm maintaining a "clean" (no Python 2 compatibility code) version in the standard library. I'll be maintaining mock, so I'd like to be assigned any issues on it and at least talked to before changes are made. I am maintaining a backport still, but the Python standard library version is the canonical version.

All the best,

Michael Foord