[Python-Dev] Adding a builtins parameter to eval(), exec() and __import__().

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 20:12:23 CET 2012

On 8 March 2012 12:52, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2. it's already trivial to achieve such chained lookups in 3.3 by
> passing a collections.ChainMap instance as the globals parameter:
> http://docs.python.org/dev/library/collections#collections.ChainMap

Somewhat OT, but collections.ChainMap is really cool. I hadn't noticed
it get added into 3.3, and as far as I can see, it's not in the
"What's New in 3.3" document. But it's little things like this that
*really* make the difference for me in new versions.

So thanks to whoever added it, and could we have a whatsnew entry, please?

Paul.