[Python-Dev] Add a frozendict builtin type

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 15:08:18 CET 2012

On 1 March 2012 12:37, Yury Selivanov <yselivanov.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually I find fronzendict concept quite useful.  We also have an
> implementation in our framework, and we use it, for instance, in
> http request object, for parsed arguments and parsed forms, which
> values shouldn't be ever modified once parsed.

The question isn't so much whether it's useful, as whether it's of
sufficiently general use to warrant putting it into the core language
(not even the stdlib, but the C core!). The fact that you have an
implementation of your own, actually indicates that not having it in
the core didn't cause you any real problems.

Remember - the bar for core acceptance is higher than just "it is
useful". I'm not even sure I see a strong enough case for frozendict
being in the standard library yet, let alone in the core.

Paul.