[Python-Dev] Updated PEP 362 (Function Signature Object)

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Sun Jun 10 21:57:00 CEST 2012

On 06/10/2012 10:59 AM, Benjamin Peterson wrote:
> 2012/6/5 Brett Cannon<brett at python.org>:
>> * is_keyword_only : bool
>>      True if the parameter is keyword-only, else False.
>> * is_args : bool
>>      True if the parameter accepts variable number of arguments
>>      (``\*args``-like), else False.
> How about "vararg" as its named in AST.

Please read the rest of the thread; this has already been discussed.

> Can the "is_" be dropped? It's quite ugly.

I suppose that's in the eye of the beholder:

     if parameter.is_kwargs:

reads quite naturally to me.

> Even better, since these are all mutually exclusive,
> they could be cascaded into a single "type" attribute.

Can you make a more concrete suggestion?  "type" strikes me as a poor
choice of name, as it makes one think immediately of type(), which is
another, uh, variety of "type".

//arry/