[Python-Dev] what is happening with the regex module going into Python 3.3?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 02:37:06 CEST 2012

ipaddress really made it in because I personally ran into the limitations
of not having IP address support in the stdlib. I ended up doing quite a
bit of prompting to ensure the process of cleaning up the API to modern
stdlib standards didn't stall (even now, generating a module reference from
the docstrings is still a pending task)

With regex, the pain isn't there, since re already covers such a large
subset of what regex provides.

My perspective is that it's now too late to make a change that big for 3.3,
but the in principle approval holds for anyone that wants to work with MRAB
and get the idea written up as a PEP for 3.4.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Sent from my phone, thus the relative brevity :)