[Python-Dev] a new type for sys.implementation

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Jun 1 05:57:56 CEST 2012

On Jun 01, 2012, at 03:22 PM, Mark Shannon wrote:

>I thought this list was for CPython, not other implementations ;)

This list serves a dual purpose.  Its primary purpose is to discuss
development of Python-the-language.  It's also where discussions about
CPython-the-implementation occur, but that's because CPython is the current
reference implementation of the language.

While python-dev is not the primary forum for discussing implementation
details of alternative implementations, I hope that those are not off-limits
for this list, and should be especially welcome for issues that pertain to
Python-the-language.  Remember too that PEPs drive language changes, PEPs
(generally) apply to all implementations of the language, and python-dev is
where PEPs get discussed.

Cheers,
-Barry