[Python-Dev] python 3.3 b2

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 07:56:49 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:
> Am 30.07.2012 22:59, schrieb Barry Warsaw:
>> On Jul 30, 2012, at 10:22 PM, Georg Brandl wrote:
>>
>>>As I've explained on python-committers, it's currently on hold pending
>>>the resolution of some importlib issues as well as a bug with the
>>>cross-compiling code.  I won't issue a concrete date, but I expect the
>>>release to be made some time before next Sunday.
>>
>> I expect to land the new import documentation (issue 15295) within the next
>> day or so, after I slog through the remaining comments.  I have unpushed local
>> changes that still need a little polishing, but I don't want it to linger too
>> long.
>
> That's good news; thank you Barry!
>
> And of course big kudos go to Nick, who's sorting out a lot of the latest
> blockers more or less single-handedly :)

With Brett doing so much of the heavy lifting to get importlib
bootstrapped in the first place, helping to file off the last few
rough edges seems like the least I can do :)

Something that has definitely suffered for it is the ipaddress docs,
though - they're still missing the method and attribute details for
the various types (see http://bugs.python.org/issue14814).

Cheers,
Nick.