[Python-Dev] A new dictionary implementation

Mark Shannon mark at hotpy.org
Sun Jan 29 23:26:21 CET 2012

francis wrote:
> On 01/29/2012 11:31 AM, Mark Shannon wrote:
>> It passes all the tests.
>> (I had to change a couple that relied on dict repr() ordering)
>
> Hi Mark,
> I've cloned the repo, build it the I've tried with ./python -m test. I
> got some errors:
>
> First in general:
> 340 tests OK.
> 2 tests failed:
>     test_dis test_gdb

[snip]

> then test_dis:

[snip]
> FAIL: test_code_info (test.test_dis.CodeInfoTests)
[snip]

> FAIL: test_show_code (test.test_dis.CodeInfoTests)
[snip]

These are known failures, the tests are at fault as they rely on dict
ordering. However, they should be commented out. Probably crept back in
again when I pulled the latest version of cpython -- I'll fix them now.

[snip]

> For test gdb:
>
> Lots of output .....
>
> Ran 42 tests in 11.361s
>
> FAILED (failures=28)
> test test_gdb failed
> 1 test failed:
>     test_gdb
> [109989 refs]

I still have gdb 6.somthing,
would you mail me the full output please,
so I can see what the problem is.

Cheers,
Mark.