[Python-Dev] cpython: Close issue #6210: Implement PEP 409

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 03:24:44 CET 2012

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 11:54 PM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
>> +    def prepare_subprocess():
>> +        # don't create core file
>> +        try:
>> +            setrlimit(RLIMIT_CORE, (0, 0))
>> +        except (ValueError, resource_error):
>> +            pass
>
> Really? This sounds quite wrong, but it should *at least* explain
> why a test of the "raise" statement would produce a core file!
> (but I think you should consider removing this part)

I managed to convince myself before checking it in that a bunch of the
weirdness in Ethan's subprocess test made sense, but I think I was
just wrong about that (I certainly can't come up with a sane
rationalisation now).

Assigned a bug to myself to fix it: http://bugs.python.org/issue14136

Cheers,
Nick.