[Python-Dev] PYTHONPATH processing change from 2.6 to 2.7 and Mac bundle builder problems

Barry Scott barry at barrys-emacs.org
Sun Dec 30 22:50:26 CET 2012

Issue filed as http://bugs.python.org/issue16821

I now have a fix that I can use, a trivia patch to the bundlebuilder.py from 2.6
gives me working code.

The bundelbuilder in 2.7 is not in good shape, the code changes from the 2.6
version have bugs in them, at least one is a show stopper. I'd have to assume
that the code was not tested.

I'd suggest that you revert to the 2.6 version and apply the patch in the bug
report so that this can make it into a 2.7.4 if you do another 2.7 release.

I also noticed that it says that bundelbuilder will not be in python 3.
Do you expect this functionality to be maintained outside of the core
python code?

Barry