[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] Cron <docs at dinsdale> /home/docs/build-devguide

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Sat Dec 22 22:17:32 CET 2012

On 22.12.2012 21:36, Terry Reedy wrote:

> On 12/22/2012 1:30 PM, Cron Daemon wrote:
>> abort: error: Connection timed out
>
>     List:    Python-checkins at python.org
>     From:    root at python.org
>     Subject: Cron <docs at dinsdale> /home/docs/build-devguide
>     Reason:  Message has implicit destination
>
> At your convenience, visit:
>
>     http://mail.python.org/mailman/admindb/python-checkins
>
> to approve or deny the request.
> '''
>
> I always reject the requests as I don't believe these messages belong here. I even asked, some
> months ago, on pydev who was responsible for the robot that sends these but got no answer. Today,
> apparently, another list admin decided on the opposite response and gave root at python.org blanket
> permission to flood this list with irrelavancy. It it not my responsibility and I have no idea how
> to fix it.

You can add a sender filter to have the messages automatically discarded.

> While people with push priviliges are supposed to subscribe to this list, I know there is at least
> one who unsubscribed because of the volume. This will only encourage more to leave, so I hope
> someone can stop it.

I think such messages should go to a sys admin list.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Dec 22 2012)
2012-12-14: Released mxODBC.Connect 2.0.2 ...     http://egenix.com/go38
2013-01-22: Python Meeting Duesseldorf ...                 31 days to go

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/