[Python-Dev] peps: Specify start_serving(). Add Post-History.

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Fri Dec 21 20:50:33 CET 2012

On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 20:34:18 +0100 (CET)
guido.van.rossum <python-checkins at python.org> wrote:

> -  In either case, once it has a socket, it will wrap it in a
> -  transport, and then enter a loop accepting connections (the best way
> -  to implement such a loop depends on the platform).  Each time a
> -  connection is accepted, a transport and protocol are created for it.
> +  TBD: Support SSL?  I don't even know how to do that synchronously,
> +  and I suppose it needs a certificate.

You need a SSLContext, and that SSLContext must have a cert / key pair
defined using the `load_cert_chain()` method.

I supposed you meant "asynchronously", not "synchronously". The
listening socket doesn't have to be a SSL socket, only the connected
sockets need to be wrapped. The non-blocking handshake shouldn't be
different (AFAICT) for a server SSL socket than for a client SSL socket.

Regards

Antoine.