[Python-Dev] compile python 3.3 with bz2 support

Oleg Broytman phd at phdru.name
Fri Dec 21 07:17:45 CET 2012

Hello.

   We are sorry but we cannot help you. This mailing list is to work on
developing Python (adding new features to Python itself and fixing bugs);
if you're having problems learning, understanding or using Python, please
find another forum. Probably python-list/comp.lang.python mailing list/news
group is the best place; there are Python developers who participate in it;
you may get a faster, and probably more complete, answer there. See
http://www.python.org/community/ for other lists/news groups/fora. Thank
you for understanding.

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 02:03:40PM +0800, Isml <76069016 at qq.com> wrote:
> hi, everyone:
>      I want to compile python 3.3 with bz2 support on RedHat 5.5 but fail to do that. Here is how I do it:
>      1??download bzip2 and compile it(make??make -f Makefile_libbz2_so??make install)
>      2??chang to python 3.3 source directory : ./configure --with-bz2=/usr/local/include
>      3??make
>      4??make install
>
>      after installation complete, I test it??
>      [root at localhost Python-3.3.0]# python3 -c "import bz2"
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.3/bz2.py", line 21, in <module>
>     from _bz2 import BZ2Compressor, BZ2Decompressor
> ImportError: No module named '_bz2'

   You have to install bz2 development files (headers and libraries)
before recompiling python.

>  By the way, RedHat 5.5 has a built-in python 2.4.3. Would it be a problem?

   Depends on what are you going to do.

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytman            http://phdru.name/            phd at phdru.name