[Python-Dev] PEP 3145 (With Contents)

Chris Jerdonek chris.jerdonek at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 21:55:05 CET 2012

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 12:18 PM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:

> And please do not CC the peps mailing list on discussions. It should only be
> used to mail in new PEPs or acceptable patches to PEPs.

PEP 1 should perhaps be clarified if the above is the case.
Currently, PEP 1 says all PEP-related e-mail should be sent there:

"The PEP editors assign PEP numbers and change their status. Please
send all PEP-related email to <peps at python.org> (no cross-posting
please). Also see PEP Editor Responsibilities & Workflow below."

as well as:

"A PEP editor must subscribe to the <peps at python.org> list. All
PEP-related correspondence should be sent (or CC'd) to
<peps at python.org> (but please do not cross-post!)."

(Incidentally, the statement not to cross-post seems contradictory if
a PEP-related e-mail is also sent to python-dev, for example.)

--Chris