[Python-Dev] Mercurial workflow question...

Tim Delaney tim.delaney at aptare.com
Mon Dec 17 06:25:26 CET 2012

Possibly. A collapsed changeset is more likely to have larger hunks of
changes e.g. two changesets that each modified adjacent pieces of code get
collapsed down to a single change hunk - which would make the merge
machinery have to work harder to detect moved hunks, etc.

In practice, so long as each collapsed changeset is for a single change I
haven't seen this be a major issue. However, I'm personally a "create a new
named branch for each task, keep all intermediate history" kind of guy (and
I get to set the rules for my team ;) so I don't see collapsed changesets
very often.

Tim Delaney